To stay current with the changes in SAM, we made some site-level changes. They are described below.
SAM/FBO Changes for Site Setup
The FedBizOpps section on the site-level Posting Options page has been changed and is now the SAM/FBO section. The newly renamed SAM/FBO section also contains two changes:
- The existing Posting Method field now includes SAM as a selection in the drop-down list
- The Posing Email ID field is new
If you select FBO, the notice will be posted to legacy FBO. You should use this until GSA announces the migration to SAM is complete.
If you select SAM, the notice will be posted to beta.sam.gov. You should begin using this once GSA announces the migration to SAM is complete.
For agencies with a legacy setting of FBO, the following will be true when the site-level Posting Method field is switched from FBO to SAM:
- No longer allow Foreign Government Standard (submitForeignGovernment) or Fair Opportunity / Limited Sources Justification (submitFairOpp) notice types on send or resend. When the user clicks Send or Resend for a deprecated message type, the error message, "<message type> is no longer supported by SAM,” displays.
- Send new Set-Aside values on send or resend
- Include <EmailID> and <OfficeID> tags
- Send new namespace
NEW POSTING EMAIL ID FIELD DEFINITION
In the Posting Email ID field, type your agency's posting method email ID. This enables your agency to configure the email address it wants to use for posting documents to SAM, etc. You can use up to 128 alphanumeric characters in this field.