As of PRISM version 7.4, the existing agency codes functionality has been enhanced to enable the system administrator to create and maintain a list of reasons for rejection that can be used by buyers in requisitions. These are the reasons for rejection that the buyer selects at the time of rejection and that the requisitioner reads at the document level. If your agency chooses to configure reason for rejection codes, then the buyer will be required to select at least one of them when he or she rejects a requisition. The following Screenshot illustrates how it might look when Reason for Rejection codes are configured:
Configuring Rejection Reasons To configure reasons for rejection to be used by buyers in requisitions:
1. From the Home page, navigate to System Setup | Agency.
2. Select "Reason for Rejection" in the Agency Code Type field.
3. Click Add or select a code from the list and click "Edit".
4. In the "Code" field, type the code you want to use. (The end-user will never see this. It is a unique identifier only for system/database use.)
5. In the "Description" field, write a clear, non-technical description of the principal purpose of the rejection reason. The text you enter here is what the buyer will see on the Confirmation pop-up window when he or she starts the process to reject a requisition. This reason should (and probably will) have a meaning that is obvious to the buyer, but also obvious to the requisitioner, to help him or her understand what needs to be fixed before the requisition is resubmitted.